Founded in 2007, the Military Assistance Program (MAP) provides monetary and direct assistance to injured U.S. military service members and their families.
When a family first hears of a loved one being injured, shock soon gives way to anxious anticipation of looming challenges. Practical and urgent necessities demand immediate attention. Obvious needs are continued payment of bills like health insurance, groceries, gasoline, mortgage and utilities. Less obvious needs might include things like stopping daily mail deliveries to hurriedly packing for travel to a bed-ridden loved one hundreds of miles away.
MAP comes to the rescue for our service members and families by providing enormous outpourings of monetary and other life-sustaining support throughout the rehabilitative process and beyond, including transportation, meals, mentoring, employment assistance and much more.
Download our brochure
Research and Development Associates (R&DA) is a non-profit organization founded shortly after WWII to meet the government’s need for a reliable, uninterrupted supply of military food and packaging programs. Continuing to meet the same needs today, R&DA leaders and staff work closely with the U.S. government, military branches, the food and packaging industry, academia and other associations throughout the world.
With many R&DA members being former military, they saw a need to create the Military Assistance Program (MAP), a 501(c)(3) charity which fills in gaps that other agencies might miss. Specifically, it assists injured military who are in the recuperating stages, along with their families.
Since its founding, R&DA Members have donated more than $2,000,000 in both operational funds and materials, thereby eliminating all overhead for the program. Thanks to this unique, innovative program and zero overhead, MAP is able to direct 100% of donated funds to those it supports.
Frequently asked questions -
- When was R&DA Military Assistance Program founded? The program was first introduced to the members of Research & Development Associates For Military Food & Packaging Systems, Inc, (R&DA) in 2007 with the hope of gaining support from the companies that belong to the organization.
- What makes R&DA Military Assistance Program different from all the other Wounded Warrior or veterans organizations? Since founding the R&DA Military Assistance Program, Inc., R&DA members have donated more than two million dollars in operational funds and materials to the program. Thanks to this unique approach and minimum overhead costs, MAP is able to direct a large percentage of donated funds directly to worthy beneficiaries. MAP validates all requests and attains Board consensus prior to releasing any funds.
- Are you affiliated with the Wounded Warrior Project? No, we are not the Wounded Warrior project nor are we affiliated with that organization.
- Is Military Assistance Program a charity organization? R&DA Military Assistance Program (MAP) was granted tax-exempt status by the Internal Revenue Service functioning as a charity under 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Donations to the organization are deductible as charitable contributions. The MAP Federal I.D. number for donations is #26-4016794.
- Who does MAP assist? Military injured, veterans and their families. MAP also supports donations to other military assistance organizations such as USO, The Army Fisher House, and other Soldier and Family Support Organizations.
- Can I make a donation in memory or honor of a loved one who has passed away? Donations made in honor of a loved one are always welcome. If you wish to make a memorial or honorary donation online, please download and fill out the donation form. If you wish to mail in your memorial or honorary donation, please be sure to download and fill out a donation form to include with your check or credit card information. When making a memorial donation to MAP, please make your check payable to R&DA Military Assistance Program, Inc. 16607 Blanco Rd., Ste 1103, San Antonio, TX 78232.
- Will the honoree or their family receive a letter notifying them of my donation? MAP will notify the family or individual of your “In Honor of Donation” if the name and address of the honoree is provided. You may enter this information on the bottom of our donation form.
- When will I receive a receipt for my contribution? Receipts should be received by the donor 4-6 weeks after the donation is made.
Karen Rosner Memorial Golf Tournament
Held annually in conjunction with R&D’s Fall Meeting.
6th Annual Karen Rosner Memorial Golf Tournament Flyer
The Beacon - A Night with the Veterans
Concert featuring music from the Last Honky Tonk Music Series artists. 100% net proceeds raised will be donated to Veterans and Wounded Warriors. Attached you will find sponsorship information regarding the concert and how you can be a part of this special night!
Important Military Holidays and Observances
- Feb. 3, 2021 – Four Chaplains Day – A day to remember the four U.S. Army chaplains who made the ultimate sacrifice when the USAT Dorchester sank during World War II.
- Feb. 19, 2021 – Coast Guard Reserve Birthday
- March 3, 2021 – Navy Reserve Birthday
- March 13, 2021 K-9 Veterans Day – The date is the official birthday of the United States K9 Corps and a day to honor their service.
- March 25, 2021 Medal of Honor Day – A holiday to honor the heroism and sacrifice of Medal of Honor recipients for the United States.
- March 29, 2021 – Vietnam Veterans Day – A national holiday to recognize and honor Veterans who served in the military during the Vietnam War.
- April 5, 2021 – Gold Star Spouses Day – A day dedicated to those whose spouses gave their lives while serving in the U.S. military or as a result of service-connected injuries or illness.
- April 14, 2021 – Air Force Reserve Birthday
- April 23, 2021 – Army Reserve Birthday
- May 1, 2021 – Silver Star Banner Day – Per Congressional resolution, it is an “Official Day to honor wounded, ill, and injured Veterans”.
- May 7, 2021 – Military Spouse Appreciation Day – This date recognizes the service and sacrifices of military spouses.
- May 13, 2021 – Children of Fallen Patriots Day – A day to honor the children left behind by the brave men and women who gave their lives while defending our freedom.
- May 15, 2021 – Armed Forces Day Observed on the third Saturday every May, this is a day dedicated to paying tribute to men and women currently serving in the U.S. Armed Forces.
- May 31, 2021 – Memorial Day A solemn occasion to honor the men and women who died while serving in the military.
- June 6, 2021 – Anniversary of the World War II – Allied invasion in Normandy, France, now known as D-Day.
- June 14, 2021 – Flag Day – A day to celebrate the adoption of the U.S. flag.
- June 14, 2021 – Army Birthday
- June 23, 2019 – Coast Guard Auxiliary Birthday
- June 27, 2021 – National PTSD Awareness Day – A day to bring awareness about issues related to PTSD.
- July 4, 2021 – Independence Day
- July 27, 2021 – Korean War Veterans Armistice Day
- Aug. 4, 2021 – Coast Guard Birthday
- Aug. 7, 2021 – Purple Heart Day – A time for Americans to pause to remember and honor the brave men and women who were either wounded on the battlefield or paid the ultimate sacrifice.
- Aug. 29, 2021 – Marine Forces Reserve Birthday
- Sept. 11, 2021 – Patriot Day – An annual observance to remember and honor those who were injured or killed during the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.
- Sept. 18, 2021 – Air Force Birthday
- Sept. 26, 2021 – Gold Star Mother’s and Family’s Day – A day to honor the families of fallen Servicemembers.
- Oct. 13, 2021 – Navy Birthday
- Oct. 26, 2021 – National Day of the Deployed
- Nov. 10, 2021 – Marine Corps Birthday
- Nov. 11, 2021 – Veterans Day – This is the anniversary of the signing of the armistice treaty, which ended World War I and is also a day to thank military Veterans for their service.
- Dec. 7, 2021 – Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day – The anniversary of the day Japan attacked Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, signaling the United States’ entrance into World War II.
- Dec. 13, 2021 – National Guard Birthday
- Dec. 18, 2021 – National Wreaths Across America Day
Significant Military Months
- April – Month of the Military Child
- May – National Military Appreciation Month
- May – Month of the Military Caregiver
- November – Military Family Month, Warrior Care Month