Founded in 2006, the Military Assistance Program (MAP) provides monetary and direct assistance to injured U.S. military service members and their families.
When a family first hears of a loved one being injured, shock soon gives way to anxious anticipation of looming challenges. Practical and urgent necessities demand immediate attention. Obvious needs are continued payment of bills like health insurance, groceries, gasoline, mortgage and utilities. Less obvious needs might include things like stopping daily mail deliveries to hurriedly packing for travel to a bed-ridden loved one hundreds of miles away.
MAP comes to the rescue for our service members and families by providing enormous outpourings of monetary and other life-sustaining support throughout the rehabilitative process and beyond, including transportation, meals, mentoring, employment assistance and much more.
Download our brochure
Research and Development Associates (R&DA) is a non-profit organization founded shortly after WWII to meet the government’s need for a reliable, uninterrupted supply of military food and packaging programs. Continuing to meet the same needs today, R&DA leaders and staff work closely with the U.S. government, military branches, the food and packaging industry, academia and other associations throughout the world.
With many R&DA members being former military, they saw a need to create the Military Assistance Program (MAP), a 501(c)(3) charity which fills in gaps that other agencies might miss. Specifically, it assists injured military who are in the recuperating stages, along with their families.
Since its founding, R&DA Members have donated more than $2,000,000 in both operational funds and materials, thereby eliminating all overhead for the program. Thanks to this unique, innovative program and zero overhead, MAP is able to direct 100% of donated funds to those it supports.
Frequently asked questions -
- When was R&DA Military Assistance Program founded? The program was first introduced to the members of Research & Development Associates For Military Food & Packaging Systems, Inc, (R&DA) in 2007 with the hope of gaining support from the companies that belong to the organization.
- What makes R&DA Military Assistance Program different from all the other Wounded Warrior or veterans organizations? Since founding the R&DA Military Assistance Program, Inc., R&DA members have donated more than two million dollars in operational funds and materials to the program. Thanks to this unique approach and minimum overhead costs, MAP is able to direct a large percentage of donated funds directly to worthy beneficiaries. MAP validates all requests and attains Board consensus prior to releasing any funds.
- Are you affiliated with the Wounded Warrior Project? No, we are not the Wounded Warrior project nor are we affiliated with that organization.
- Is Military Assistance Program a charity organization? R&DA Military Assistance Program (MAP) was granted tax-exempt status by the Internal Revenue Service functioning as a charity under 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Donations to the organization are deductible as charitable contributions. The MAP Federal I.D. number for donations is #26-4016794.
- Who does MAP assist? Military injured, veterans and their families. MAP also supports donations to other military assistance organizations such as USO, The Army Fisher House, and other Soldier and Family Support Organizations.
- Can I make a donation in memory or honor of a loved one who has passed away? Donations made in honor of a loved one are always welcome. If you wish to make a memorial or honorary donation online, please download and fill out the donation form. If you wish to mail in your memorial or honorary donation, please be sure to download and fill out a donation form to include with your check or credit card information. When making a memorial donation to MAP, please make your check payable to R&DA Military Assistance Program, Inc. 16607 Blanco Rd., Ste 1103, San Antonio, TX 78232.
- Will the honoree or their family receive a letter notifying them of my donation? MAP will notify the family or individual of your “In Honor of Donation” if the name and address of the honoree is provided. You may enter this information on the bottom of our donation form.
- When will I receive a receipt for my contribution? Receipts should be received by the donor 4-6 weeks after the donation is made.
Karen Rosner Memorial Golf Tournament
Held annually in conjunction with R&D’s Fall Meeting.
D.a.T. SaUcE Louisiana Experience
Going to the highest bidder in a Spring/Summer auction event, a one of a kind, customizable 3-4 day experience in scenic Southern Louisiana.
The Beacon - A Night with the Veterans
Concert featuring music from the Last Honky Tonk Music Series artists. 100% net proceeds raised will be donated to Veterans and Wounded Warriors. Attached you will find sponsorship information regarding the concert and how you can be a part of this special night!